The Alpha course is an opportunity for anyone to explore the Christian faith in a relaxed, non-threatening manner over ten, thought-provoking weekly sessions.
It's low key, friendly and fun. And it's supported by all the main Christian denominations. You're not on your own either. More than 7 million people worldwide have found it a worthwhile experience, completing the Alpha course in churches, homes, schools, universities and prisons.
There is a meal together at the beginning of each session which gives people a chance to get to know each other.
After each talk we divide into small groups to discuss the topic of the evening, ask questions and express opinions. Coffee & Small groups Listen, learn, discuss and discover. And ask anything. Alpha is a place where no question is too simple or too hostile.
- Christianity: Boring, Untrue and Irrelevant?
- Who Is Jesus?
- Why Did Jesus Die?
- How Can I Be Sure of My Faith?
- Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- Why and How Do I Pray?
- How Does God Guide Us?
- Who Is the Holy Spirit?
- What Does the Holy Spirit Do?
- How Can I Be Filled With the Spirit?
- How Can I Resist Evil?
- Why and How Should We Tell Others?
- Does God Heal Today?
- What About the Church?
- How Can I Make the Most of the Rest of My Life?
Alpha is for everyone, especially:
- Those wanting to investigate Christianity
- New Christians
- Newcomers to the church
- Those who want to brush up on the basics
For more information or to find an Alpha course near you contact the churches office.